Anker Soundcore 2 and OontZ angle 3 ultra bluetooth speakers are probably the best wireless portable poolside speakers in recent years. The challenge for you and me when we want to buy one of these wireless water resistance speakers is telling which one is the best choice.
So, which is better, OontZ angle 3 ultra or Anker soundcore 2?
Anker SoundCore 2 is better than OantZ angle 3 Ultra Bluetooth speakers. The main difference between Anker Soundcore 2 and Oontz angle 3 speakers is their drivers, speaker watts, and sound quality. The Anker Soundcore 2 stands out as the best Bluetooth and water-resistant portable speaker than Oontz angle 3. Anker Soundcore 2 features even more powerful drivers capable of delivering a thumping loud bass performance from the 12 Watts it comes with than the OontZ angle 3 ultra Bluetooth speaker.
Anker Soundcore 2 also boasts of 24-hour play-time battery life, which is a dream for off-grid and poolside music listening.
And to further help you know which is better let’s look at the difference as well as similarities between these two speakers. The difference and similarities may come in terms of battery life, the features that these have in common and many more.
Also Read: Height Speakers Vs. Ceiling Speakers
OontZ angle Ultra 3 Bluetooth Water Resistance Speaker.
The OontZ angle 3 ultra is a portable Bluetooth speaker that has very high-quality sound, good bass, 100-foot Bluetooth range, and IPX6 water resistance.
The design of the speaker
This speaker is made of some plastic and rubber materials. The shape of the speaker is triangular. The speaker also has a grille on its front side. It also includes a power on/off button on the back of the speaker. The speaker also has a USB cable port for charging the speaker and an aux cable for passive listening.
The mouse also includes other buttons like the on/off Bluetooth button, it also has the volume up and down buttons. Inside the box where this speaker comes in there is an aux cable included, a USB cable, a manual and the speaker itself.
The speaker is also very small in size and some parts are made of plastic. The grille that the speaker has helps in protecting the drivers in this speaker. The OontZ has 3 drivers which are placed on the front of the speaker and protected by the grille. Due to its design you can place the speaker in a horizontal way or in a vertical way.
The sound quality
The speaker has good sound quality. As compared to its size, the speaker produces excellent sounds that one wouldn’t expect from such a small speaker. The sounds it produces are clear and do not distort. The sound is rich and can fill up the room.
The performance of the speaker is quite very good. It has very easy to use controls. The speaker also pairs to your devices really fast. It also has indicators that show when your device is connected to the speaker. It also has a charge indicator. The speaker is also water-resistant.
The OontZ has a great battery life of about 14 hours. You can fully charge the speaker for 4 to 5 hours.
What are the specifications of the OontZ?
- It produces excellent sound quality with a rich bass. With this speaker you can raise the sound to a very high level without experiencing any distortion on the sounds.
- It has a Bluetooth range of 100 foot, which allows you to connect to the speaker for even 100 foot away from your device. It can also connect to devices as long as they are Bluetooth compatible.
- It is waterproof and uses ipx6 water proof.
- It has a Weight of 1.4 pounds
- Size: 6.4 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches
- It uses 1 AAA batteries which is included
- Operates on battery source
- Uses Bluetooth 4.2 Wireless Technology
The speaker has 7 buttons in total. It has the volume up and down buttons, the Bluetooth button, play or pause button etc which are located on the rubber panel on the speaker.
It also Include LEDs which indicate when Bluetooth is connected , it also has a stereo indicator and a charging LED. This speaker also has a built-in microphone in it.
The speaker includes an aux cable input, a USB input which are located next to the control panel. These inputs are covered with a rubber flap for protection.
With its IPX resistant make sure that the rubber flap is well secured on the inputs and that the speaker is in Bluetooth mode for it to work. The speaker has feet made of rubber and this ensures that there are a few vibrations when using the speaker.
Features of the speaker
The speaker is made of plastic and some rubber. Hence it is of durable quality.
It uses IPX6 certified which ensures that the speaker is well protected from water splashes but it is not water proof. Therefore, do not immerse the speaker in water. This speaker can be used in places like the beach and the pool. Even in the shower.
The speaker has controls and features that are very easy to use.
It has a Bluetooth range of about 100 feet. It uses Bluetooth 4.2 and can work with a lot of devices so long as they have Bluetooth enabled on them.
The speaker does not use NFC pairing.
With this speaker if you have two ultra 3 speakers, you can pair the together and sound can come from both speakers. This allows you to choose whether to play in stereo mode or not.
Pros and cons
- It is affordable
- Water resistance
- Excellent sound quality
- Average battery life
The Anker sound core 2
This is an affordable speaker. It comes in a rectangular shape. The speaker has a lot of good features including water resistance and good sound quality.
The speaker has a durable and good design. The shape is rectangular. The speaker has 6 drivers which are protected by the metal grille. The speaker also has inputs that have rubber flaps to help with water resistance.
It has an Aux input and a micro USB cable for charging. The speaker is also made of some matte material. The speaker is also very portable and you can easily carry it in your bag with you.
The performance of this speaker is average. The sound quality that it offers is at an average level. It produces well balance sounds that have a good amount of bass to it. The volume only distorts when raised too high.
This speaker does not have a very loud volume and hence the volume may be too low for outdoor use. Generally, the sound of this speaker is good to people that do not like loudspeakers and those that are okay with a low bass. With this speaker you can take calls. The speaker is also compatible with voice assistants such as Google voice assistant and Siri.
The speaker has a very good battery life that gives you 24 hours of play time. The speaker only takes 3 hours to fully charge.
The technical specifications of the Anker sound core 2
- It has Battery life of 24 hours
- It has a Power output 12W
- Bluetooth range of up to 20m
- Size: 5 x 17 x 6cm
- Takes 3 hours to charge
- It weighs 0.4kg
- IPX7 certified
Pros and cons
- It is affordable
- Water resistance
- Very good battery life
- The bass is not that loud
- The sound quality is a bit average
- The sound is a little low for outdoor use
OontZ angle 3 Ultra VS Soundcore Anker 2
- Shape: When it comes to the shape, the OontZ angle 3 ultra has a triangular shape whereas the Anker soundcore 2 has a rectangular shape.
- Battery life: The OontZ angle ultra 3 boasts a battery life of 14 hours while the Anker soundcore 2 boasts a battery life of 24 hours which is better than that of the OontZ angle 3 ultra.
- Connectivity: They both use Bluetooth technology for connection. When it comes to the Bluetooth range. The OontZ angle ultra has a wider Bluetooth range than the Anker soundcore 2. The Bluetooth range of the OontZ angle 3 is 100 foot while that of the soundcore 2 is 66 foot.
- Water-resistance/Proof: The speakers are both water-resistant. The Soundcore Anker 2 uses Ipx7 water-resistant certification while the OontZ uses ipx6 water-resistance certification
- Power: The OontZ angle 3 has a total power of 12 watts while the Soundcore Anker 2 has a total power of 10 watts.
Similarities Between The OontZ Angle 3 Ultra And The Soundcore Anker 2
- These speakers cannot be used as power banks
- They both use stereo sound system
- The speakers do not include subwoofers.
- Both the angle 3 Ultra and soundcore Anker 2 have a rugged design
- They both use Bluetooth for connection
- They have a hands-free functionality that can allow you to take calls
- They do not allow you to connect multiple devices at once
The sound core Anker 2 and the OontZ angle 3 ultra are both very good speakers, they have great features to give you a good experience when using them.
In order to choose which speaker is the best between the two of these speakers, we had to make a detailed comparison of the two. To look at the advantages, disadvantages as well as their differences and similarities.
We see that when it comes to the price the OontZ angle 3 ultra is priced lower than the Anker 2. They are both water resistant speakers, the OontZ uses ipx6 while the soundcore uses ipx7 water resistance.
Therefore, you can use both of these speakers outdoor and indoor. You can carry it to the beach, pool and even use them in the shower. The anker is dust proof while the OontZ is not.
The sound quality of the OontZ angle 3 ultra is better than that of the soundcore Anker 2. The sound of the soundcore Anker 2 is average, though the soundcore Anker has got a more amazing battery life than that of the OontZ angle 3 ultra.
Therefore, it is important to look at every detail and specification to choose between these speakers.